Customer Retention is Important to ALL Businesses
Your custom greeting card business is perfect for those in home business, small business and traditional corporate business, and is a great service for those who want to keep their customers. That means everyone!
Customers are one of, if not the most important part of any business. Your customers are your lifeline to profits, respect and reputation. No business can survive without customer retention.
It’s no secret that it is easier to retain a customer than to get a new customer. Certainly during economic slow-downs, businesses want to keep as many customers as they can. Keeping in touch with your customers consistently makes a huge difference.
Customer retention is absolutely critical. The major reason businesses lose regular customers: They just failed to stay in touch with them on a regular basis.
Losing customers is completely unnecessary. You don’t want this to happen to you!
It doesn’t matter if you call it customer retention, relationship management, or just staying in touch. It is vital to the success of your business to develop a strategy so that you don’t lose the customers or clients you have especially now.
Remember it’s more expensive to acquire a customer than to retain a customer. And your past customers are the ones who are most likely to be future purchasers. They’ve already shown they want and like your products or services and are willing to pay.
This means you need a plan to retain your customers. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be costly, time-consuming or difficult. You just need a few simple steps and always make it a priority:
Never underestimate the importance of your relationship with your clients.
1. Contact your top customers or clients regularly. This is done easily through our Card Sending Program, and is handled all online; all effortlessly. You just log on, select a card from over 15,000 cards; select your customer (or multiple customers) from your data base and with a click, your card is printed with your handwriting font; placed in an envelope; sealed; stamped (real stamp!) and mailed out.
2. Keep your name in front of each of your customers. Set up a quarterly campaign to send a card or postcard. The key is doing this regularly. Doing so will show that you appreciate their business and will keep you, as a service provider, in the forefront of their mind.
4. Surprise them! Do something special and totally unexpected for some of your best customers. Send them a small gift. Let them know you how much appreciate them. This is done through your “online gift store!” You can send out gifts and cards and make a huge difference!
5. Keep track of your customers and when you have contacted them. This is easily done through your online contact manager at your Custom Card Business Website. You can even set up reminders to alert you when to re-contact!
6. Communicate, communicate, and communicate. All of us, me included, take our customers for granted. We get so focused on doing our work, that we don’t take enough time out to meet with, talk to, and more importantly, listen to, our customers. Stay in touch. Ask them what they need and want. Be part of their lives and businesses; invite them to be part of yours.
Customer Retention Conclusion
And, most importantly, let them know you appreciate them and their businesses. Everyone wants to feel appreciated! I know that I do!
So, who do you know who is a:
Attorney Doctor Insurance Sales Cleaning Business
Realtor Carpet Cleaner Dentist Hair Salon
Chiropractor Heating/Cooling Landscaper Nail Salon
Car Sales Automotive Repair Home Business Owner
or any business that has customers?
Let’s start making that list and I’ll coach you on how to contact these businesses for a retail account and as a potential business builder and Customer Retention.